Barkley said there was one play where he realized that NFL i

Discuss life in Streatham Common. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you

Barkley said there was one play where he realized that NFL i

Postby elaine95 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:37 am

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — While the offense finds it rhythm Chris Kreider Jersey , the Philadelphia Eagles know they can count on a smothering defense.

The group shut down Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons again in their season opener and now have a few extra days rest before hitting the road next week. Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox dominated while playing 93 percent of the snaps in the 18-12 victory.

“It’s a credit to him and how well he’s worked in the offseason and obviously in training camp,” coach Doug Pederson said Friday. “Fletcher is a tremendous, tremendous player. He’s a strong, powerful guy, very disruptive in the pocket. Those are things that you like to see from your top players.”

The Falcons were held to 299 total yards, including 74 rushing. Ryan struggled most of the night, going 21 of 43 for 251 yards and one interception.

Philadelphia’s defense did its best work inside the red zone. Kamu Grugier-Hill stopped Devonta Freeman on fourth down from the 1 on the opening series and need a stand to seal the win. The defense forced Ryan to throw four straight incomplete passes from the 10 on the final possession only to have a penalty give the Falcons one more chance from the 5. Ronald Darby prevented Julio Jones from making a catch in the left corner of the end zone on the last play .

“We put a big emphasis on red zone,” safety Malcolm Jenkins said. “Our scheme is pretty simple, we’re really good at what we do, we detail every small thing, and we trust our players. When we get down to it, it’s nothing complex or anything. We just do our jobs and we trust our matchups. Obviously guys show up, and it’s been crucial for our team.”

The offense took a while to get going after a shaky preseason in which most starters didn’t play much. With Carson Wentz still recovering from knee surgery and wide receiver Alshon Jeffery also sidelined Evander Kane Sharks Jersey , the unit was out of sync.

Nick Foles wasn’t sharp but played mistake-free until a pass bounced out of rookie Dallas Goedert’s hands and went right to Atlanta’s Deion Jones. But Pederson turned to his trick plays and called Foles’ number in the third quarter to invigorate the offense and the crowd. Nelson Agholor’s 15-yard pass to Foles extended a drive that ended with Jay Ajayi’s first of two TD runs.

“I knew the play was going to be effective based on what the Falcons had been showing up in that situation, and I needed it to work and be a spark for the offense,” Pederson said. “I try not to do things as conventional at times, but at the same time, I want to make sure that I’m doing the best for the football team and giving us a chance to succeed.”

The Eagles will play at Tampa Bay on Sept. 16. They came out of the opener without any significant injuries and will get linebacker Nigel Bradham back against the Buccaneers. He served a one-game suspension Thursday night.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Saquon Barkley needed one play to justify the hype.

After banging and grinding for small gains much of the game, the No. 2 overall draft pick wowed New York Giants‘ fans in his NFL debut with a spectacular 68-yard, fourth-quarter touchdown run in a 20-15 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

The Penn State product finished with a game-high 106 yards rushing, caught two passes for 22 yards and showed there was a good reason why he was the most-hyped rookie to join the franchise since Lawrence Taylor started a Hall of Fame career in 1981.

“That’s why we drafted that young man,” Giants coach Pat Shurmur said after the Jaguars spoiled his coaching debut with New York.

Defensive end Calais Campbell, one of six Pro Bowlers on a Jaguars defense that was ranked No. 2 overall last season, was impressed with Barkley after the first few plays of the game, a run for zero and another for minus-3.

“The first run and the first couple of times I tackled him Authentic John Kelly Jersey , I said, this kid has something,” Campbell said. “Obviously, you see it on tape, but we didn’t get to watch a lot of tape on him. It’s his college tape. Coming into the NFL against a team like ours, and making some of the plays he made, that kid’s going to be special.”

Campbell said he traded jerseys with Barkley after the game.

“I was like, “OK, if he can stay healthy, he might one day be a Hall of Famer,” Campbell said.

The touchdown run was impressive. Barkley took a handoff from Eli Manning inside, cut it to the outside, stepped out of a tackle attempt and ran down the right sideline Authentic Marcus Johansson Jersey , getting a great block from receiver Sterling Shepard.

“It was amazing; it was a great feeling, but it was a feeling that came and went,” Barkley said. “One touchdown is not going to win the game, and that touchdown didn’t win the game this week, but to get in there, it was a dream come true to find the end zone. I did keep the ball, but it was just like ‘Move on, next play,’ and find a way to get in there again.”

For most of the game, the Jaguars held Barkley in check . Eleven of his 18 carries were for 3 yards or less.

“Yeah, obviously, you wish that they were all 75- and 80-yard runs, but it wasn’t like that in college and I didn’t expect it to be like that in the NFL Womens Paul Byron Jersey ,” the 21-year-old said. “You have to take what they give you. It’s kind of like playing chess: When you get your opportunity, you have to execute.”

Barkley said there was one play where he realized that NFL is going to be a lot different than college. He made a player miss on a run, broke outside and was tackled by free safety Tashaun Gipson Sr.

“In college, that was a touchdown,” Barkley said. “It was a great play by him.”

It just reminded Barkley that big plays are special.

“Today, we didn’t pop one until like the fourth quarter or end of the third, so you just have to continue to stay with it,” he said. “That’s what I kept saying, the offensive line and also to just stay with it, something is going to pop, and when they give us that chance, we have to make them pay for it.”

Minnesota Vikings Customized Jerseys
elaine95

Re: Barkley said there was one play where he realized that N

Postby wuhuilin11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:31 pm

true religion sale
chrome hearts t shirt
nike kd
goyard tote
air max 90
longchamp bag
adidas yeezy
curry 4