Can Cycling In London Be Made Safer?

Discuss life in Streatham Common. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you

Can Cycling In London Be Made Safer?

Postby TimB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I was pulled over by transport Police up in London at the beginning of the week. After receiving a little education on safety and cycling I was on my way. I always wear a helmet and high visibility clothing, and have a good set of lights on my bike when cycling but unfortunately I didn't turn them on this occasion. My fault I agree and had the officer issued me a fine I’d of paid. However then it got me thinking... whilst I'd advocate and encourage all cyclists to wear a helmet, fit lights and other requirements I asked myself what are actually legal needs.

Should wearing a helmet be made a legal requirement?
Should there be a law that cyclists can not undertake at a junction?
Should cyclists be allowed to ‘pool’ at the front of a junction before cars and lorries?
And... generally just what can possibly be done to improve cycling on London’s Roads?
TimB

Re: Can Cycling In London Be Made Safer?

Postby OliverNixon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:07 pm

As i am a resident of London, so this question will quite helpful for me too. As far as my knowledge is concern about this question is that cycling is a best exercise and way of traveling too, i do not know exactly that it has become safer but it is becoming safer. Because when i go to my mate for dissertation writing practices in late hours on cycle, so sometimes i feel that it is not safe, but now a days i am experiencing it quite better and safe too. So that it is a good sign that it is becoming better,well i am looking forward to know more information about it for awareness through out this online platform.
OliverNixon

Re: Can Cycling In London Be Made Safer?

Postby vainggooch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm

It is good to see such useful services. It is a nice platform for the people to get their requirements.Elena Nina Dobrev Jacket
vainggooch

Return to General Life in Streatham Common